The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is responsible for the issue of Passports to Indian citizens.MEA issue passports through a network of 37 passport offices across the country. The passport is essential to document for who travel abroad for Business purpose, education and Family visit. In last few years spreading globalization have increased the demand for passport related services.
Passport Seva Project (PSP) is transforming passport and related services in India. And it for provide best-in-class experience to Indian citizens.PSP has provided services to citizens anywhere anytime access. An Indian Passport is a passport issued by order of President of India to Indian citizens for the purpose of international travel. Three types of Passports are there that are Ordinary, official and Diplomatic passports. Online process of Passport is given below.applicant have to select the passport type in order to check passport status by application number or Name and date of birth.
Passports have limited validity usually it has 5 to 6 years.
passports contain the information about name, place date of birth, Photograph, and signature and biometric information in the microchip.
Passport Online Application Form Submission:
- Firstly, users visit the official website of Passport Seva: passportindia.gov.in
- Next, register through the Passport Seva Online Portal: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/RegistrationBaseAction?request_locale=en
- Login to the Passport Seva online portal by using the registered Id.
- Click On Apply Fresh Passport.
- Fill all the details in the form and click on submit button.
- Next click on Pay and schedule appointment option for view Saved/Submitted application.
- The payment is mandatory for booking appointments at the at all passport Passport Offices. The online payment using the following mode that is Credit/Debit card (Visa/MasterCard), Internet banking (SBI/it’s associate banks or SBI bank Challan.
- Click on the Print application receipt link and that application receipt containing reference number/Appointment number.
- Finally, Visit Regional passport office where the passport appointment is booked along with original documents for verification.
Passport status in India
The applicants who are applied for the Passport through online, they can check or track Passport status through online. There has a waiting period for issue Passport in the during the period you can track Passport status through online. And also find/check passport for other reasons like corrections, changes and update modification in the passport.
Check passport status online:
Users can check their passport status online by using their acknowledgement number or date of birth or Name. Passport Seva providing various types of services to find the passport status. That are mainly SMS service, help desk, and m Passport Seva application. To find passport status online visit the official website of Passport Seva project that is www.passportindia.gov.in and next click on Track your application status. If you click on the mentioned link you will get information.
- You will get three options i.e Passport application status, Diplomatic/ official application status and RTI application status.
- If select the ordinary passport application status now you enter the details about application details for the check status.
- Now enter the key in your file number that contains 15 alphanumeric numbers. That And in the acknowledgement letter.
- The last box fills with the date birth of the applicant. and check the application status by using the date of birth also.
- If click on submit button with correct information, you will get status tracker page. This page consists the following details that are.
- Your first and last name.
- File number.
- The application submission date
Now you get application status of passport for the delay and take action against delay for passport delivery.
Passport dispatch status
We can track passport delivery status based on the courier sent by passportindia.gov.in. Sometimes at rural areas, we can track the passport courier status by speed post. In urban areas passport may be sent by blue dart courier, professional or dtdc Courier, etc.
Check Passport status by SMS:
Users can easily find the passport application status through SMS. Through your mobile phone opts premium SMS services for track status.This service provided by the Passport Seva with charge Rs.30/- it is payable at once only in the time enrollment of passport application. You can enroll and pay for this service at the Passport Seva Kendra M. You can send a text message like STATUS, then leave a space and enter the 15 digits alphanumeric characters file numbers to 9704100100.
Example: STATUS IPK347275308405.
Track passport status by Helpdesk:
Passport Seva portal is providing the help desk services to find the passport status. Here using the email customers get the child of passports. Passport Seva Kendra’s have help desk for inquiries to check the status of Passport application status.
Check passport status through the mPassport app:
Passport mobile app useful for getting and tracking passport status on your hand.
- Passport application status tracking,
- locating the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)
- General information on various steps involved in obtaining a Passport.
The passport app is another way to access information on your passport status. Track applications via the app, you will have to key in your file number and date of birth. And contains you can use this app to track the passport delivery statusin your mobile.
Passport correction at passportindia.gov.in
Ministry of external affairs, providing online services to Indian citizens to correct the details in the passport. This service is available in Passport Seva portal.By using this service can change their name, surname, date birth and address details in the passport. The correction process for the passport is listed below.
Change name/surname in Passport application:
- Individuals wishing to change name or surname in the passport they will visit the Passport Seva Kendra or the official website of Passport Seva.
- And apply for the re-issue passport and download the Form No-II for various services.
- And fill the all the required details in Form-II for Passport correction.
- Along with application form, applicants must attach the following documents for Passport name correction.
- Original passport along with the copy of the first two and last two pages with self-attested.
- Mainly, based on the reason of change name or surname in passport the required documents submitted.
- In the case of women’s need change their name in passport after marriage they must submit husband passport along with the copy of marriage certificate (Annexure’).
- In the case of divorced women’s need to change in a passport, they submit certified photocopy of Decree of divorce along with Deed poll(Annexure E).
- The above documents must be submitted either online or Passport Seva Kendra.
- The corrected passport will be sent to after few days.
Correction of Address in Passport:
Passport is the important document for Indian citizens, and it also used as the identity for candidates. Passport Seva portal or passport Seva Kendra’s providing services to correct the address in passport. The following are the details of address correction passport.
The process of change address in Passport application:
- Firstly, login to the Passport Seva Kendra website.
- If you already exist user enters the password and username.
- If you are the new user, firstly register to the Passport Seva portal and log in with the id and password.
- And provide require details and click submit button you will get a link to registered e-mail id.
- If click on the link you will go to correct age for Re-issue of passport.
- Now download the Pdf form for correction of address in the passport.
Documents required for correction of Address in passport:
- Your original old passport.
- A copy of the online application for address correction.
- A copy of Payment Receipt.
- And self-attested copies of passport first two and last two pages.
- Self-attested pages of ECR or Non-ECR pages.
- Self-attested copy of validity extension a page, if it is short validity passport.
- And following address proof’s
- Voter Id card.
- Aadhar card
- Water bill
- Electricity Bill
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Income tax assessment order.
- Parent’s passport copy in case minors.
- Passbook of running bank account.
Documents for Passport
Passport is important to document for candidates who are travel abroad. Various documents are required for the different categories means Fresh passport, Renewal passport and Passport corrections that are listed below.
Documents required for the Fresh passport:
Address proof-Here any one of the following document submit for the Address proof.
- Valid ration card with the Present address.
- Voter Id card
- Aadhhar card.
- Phone bill with current address.
- Gas connection bill
- Bank Passbook.
- Rental agreement if you were staying rental house.
- Income tax assessment order.
- Water bill with current address.
- Certificate from employer on letterhead with seal.
- Parents’ passport.
- Passport of the spouse.
Age proof-Any one document submit for age proof in the following list.
- Birth certificate issued by the Municipal authority.
- School leaving certificate or secondary school leaving certificate.
- The certificate is sworn before the magistrate.
Documents required for Passport for Minors:
The following are the list of documents for the passport for minor candidates.
Current address proof of minor’s in the name provided by parents’.
In case parents have the passport, submit original and self-attested copies of the parent passport.
Documents of minors will have to attest by the parents.
A declaration confirming the details mentioned in the application about the minor applicant as per the “Annexure D”.
Update: NO Date of Birth certificate required for municipal office Aadhar card is enough for DOB.
passport police verification status
If you are from Hyderabad, Rangareddy then you can check passport police verification status police’s official website.
How to check passport status @ passportindia.gov.in
visit the passport status page for knowing the application accepted or rejected, directly visit the below status link or visit the manually passportindia.gov.in and click on passport application status.
- Select application Type RTI/ Diplomatic/ Surrender Certificate.
- Enter Application Number.
- Date of Birth
- Click on Get passport status
Passport status by SMS
To check your passport Status over the cell phone, call the Passport data Centre at 1-877-487-2778 between 8 am to 10 pm from Mondays to Fridays,
SMS to 9704100100 in the format ‘STATUS SPACE File Number’,
STATUS BNG106020484012 9704100100
45 rupees need to pay while the application for this service.
File Number example CA1234567890123 file number Contains two letters followed by 13 digits.